Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cubism with a twist.

Folks, so I am now going to become a blogger.  I have really enjoyed the feed back from everyone on facebook regarding my art work.  While in my studies with Tesia from Golden, I have been in the habit of using Facebook as our on-line studio.  But, Facebook does not seem like the right spot for me to blog about my work so here it is, a space dedicated to nothing but what I am doing artistically.

Last night I was over in Davis working on a new drawing.  I am trying to take my new form of "cubism", which actually uses circles instead of cubes, insert marks for unification and depth, and see what happens when I combine the highly stylized and abstracted cubistic background with something organic such as a few horses.  Of course I love using the photoshop applications on my drawings on my Iphone, so I took it a few steps further by adding a marbled texture and some tint.  Here are the results.

2 comments:

  1. This is very classy. And being a Kentucky girl, I do love the horses. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David, It's Tiffany A. I love the horses, they are very majestic. I like the texture and use of color. The circular cubism works well...refreshingly different from squares.

    ReplyDelete