Thursday, August 5, 2010

Another Drawing, and more painting

The past few days I have been applying layers of the extra heavy acrylic gel, with very small amounts of tint, building up this translucent surface.  I like the effect, but the base of Red is a poor choice in this experiment.  The contrast is difficult to hold onto as the layers build using a dark red background with gold leaf over it.

But, I like what I am seeing.  There is a lot of room for improvement here.

I worked up another drawing tonight of horses.  I like using this subject matter because of the sense of size, force, and beauty that a horse overall symbolizes in the human psyche.  I do not know what it is, but I just love horses.  

I have backed away from a design that is so complex that the horse is lost.  I am trying here to create two different designs that are in contrast to each other.  



And a photoshopped version. 



I am away for the weekend but I am sure I will be doing a lot more drawing.  

Have a great weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment