Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Ideas, New images, New Lines

This is the most recent set of images I have been working on the past few weeks.  Enjoy.



Textu, God of the Text Messaging.  This is apart of my more recent vein of Ancient Pop Art.  



Two designs for my art class. 



And two more designs for class. 



And another.  There is a contrast of lines in this one. 



This is likely to become a study for a larger painting in the future.  I am taking the form of the ocean waves and combining this with the form of the horse in motion.  I used the cubism within the waves and horses as a form of contrast to the flowing forward motion of the other lines.  The eclipses are just a background, which I kept less dense compared the the waves of horses below.  



Again, I am using the form of the horse, but this time I have started a continuous line from the upper left hand corner flowing through the entire page.  There is contrast of shading between the outer section and inner section.  



This is a close up detail to draw attention to the contrast of lines between the main contour line that separates the the spaces of darkness and light, and the very thin lines in the darker shaded area that are repeating key forms of the horse.  I got this idea from studying some Picasso Ethchings from 1968.  



And the final image is another contrast of lines.  I have very soft broad lines in the foreground which are the horses, with very sharp lines in the background, and some sharp thin lines again in the foreground repeating key elements of the horse.  



No comments:

Post a Comment