Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fire Horse.

Another step in the journey of studies of new paintings.
First, I am starting out with a simple contour drawing of some horses. 



As you can see, these studies are rather small, however you can use your imagination the possibility of a far larger image.  



I took the image into photoshop and added some features, which I could easily replicate in a real painting, such as a hue/ tint, and some texturing and boarder treatment.  The geometric design is visually rather intense to look at.  The shading is just to give a little more definition to the contours of the horses.  I am thinking,,, 5x7 feet would look really cool.  

But, the next step this week is to complete two small test paintings using gold leaf, and acrylic glazes to build up a deep tint.  The drawings and photoshop can only take me so far.  I think the time has come to take my visual theories closer to visual reality with a few smaller runs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment